If you are involved in a conflict which may or may not be litigated, mediation might be the solution for you. Mediation is a confidential and private process by which parties work with a neutral mediator in a mutual attempt to settle a dispute. The mediator does not give advice or take sides. The mediator’s role is to act as a middle person and to help the parties come to a negotiated resolution to their dispute.
In a mediation, the parties are allowed to air their differences as fully as they desire, secure in the knowledge that whatever they or their attorney says during the mediation will not come back to haunt them at the courthouse. All communications and any records made during mediation are protected under the law and no court can compel the mediator to testify regarding such confidential communications or turn over such records.
There are numerous benefits to resolving disputes through mediation including the following:
- Unlike the litigation process where a judge or a jury will decide the outcome of a dispute, the parties are in complete control of the mediation process and consequently the outcome of their dispute.
- Mediations can be scheduled very quickly
- The mediation process is considerably less expensive than the litigation process
- A mediation can usually be completed in one day
- Unlike a court trial, mediation is private and confidential
- Mediation is conducted in a relaxed atmosphere as compared to a courtroom
- When a mediation is successful, it ends the dispute
At the Villegas Law Firm we provide mediation services in numerous areas including but not limited to the following:
- Commercial and Business Law
- Elder Law
- Employment Law
- Environmental Law
- Family Law
- Government Contracts
- Insurance Coverage
- Legal Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate
- Severe Personal Injuries